Thursday, September 20, 2012

Taking my spirituality body to the gym...
















Taking my spiritual body to the gym...

"We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a  physical experience."  Teilhard de Chardin, a paraphase 

Yesterday I discovered I have two bodies. The physical one gets all the attention. I feed it, clean it, and pause it to sleep. I take it to the gym, ride bike, jog, and I'd even walk the dog if I had one. However, my spiritual body gets short shift. How do I walk it, feed it? What exercises make it robust and strong?  

Observing the spiritual body as separate, I see how much it gets neglected. I know the feel of the skin beneath my dress or jeans but "do I know the feel of the Being beneath the skin."* That indeed is my Cinderella child, too often sitting in the cinders out back -- if I see her at all.

* (quote from Nepo)

No comments:

Post a Comment